Happy Birthday Josie!

Happy Birthday Josie!
60th Birthday Surprise Party, 6.27.2011

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Waiting Game

I have been away from an internet connection for a couple of days. Sorry for the delay in getting out details. One thing I want to clarify from a previous post is the word "pneumo." I used that term because it is the term the doctors use for what is going on with Mama's lung. It is short for pneumothorax which is a medical condition wherein air or gas is present in the pleural cavity. Essentially, a collapsed lung. I say all of that to say that I did not mean pneumonia. Some of you doctors reading this can comment and explain it to us further and in better terms. Thanks.
We are on our way to the hospital now to visit. The PET scan has been cancelled for today, because as I mentioned before, you can't get one as an inpatient. Thank you insurance company for your complication of this matter!! Because of the delay with the PET, Dr. Kovalic had a CT done on her abdominal area yesterday. We are awaiting those results. Also, we have begun looking into a hospital to hospital transfer to MDA. Hopefully, that is a possibility. That is pretty much what I know at this point. Will hopefully post more later today. Thank you for your continued prayers and overwhelming support.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Amy. I had talked to your Mom last night for a few minutes. You are doing such a good job taking care of her and keeping everyone updated! She is so proud of you and also for you and Phillip cleaning up the house! We are praying for her and all of you and she is on the prayer list of everyone I could think of to put her on. I know what you mean about insurance - isn't it ridiculous that she has to be discharged before she can get a PET scan and also get her records sent on to Texas?
    Love you all,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking and praying for her and yall daily. Postive thinking and tons of prayer go a long long way. We miss and love yall!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dru and I are praying for all of you as is our brother and other members of our congregation. We love Josie very much and we love you too. Remember that God doesn't give us more than we can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im overwhelmed with happiness to hear the CT scan looked good!You have been a friend to me for 30 years through the good and bad, and you know you can always count on me!I fall asleep every nite praying for u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    Just wanted you to know that your mom is in my prayers and I am praying that the doctors and nursing assisting her will do everything they can do to help her and make her well again. Also praying that God will give her the strength to overcome this as well as you and family. Please keep us posted. God answers prayers and there are MANY going up for your family right now.
    Rhea Fuller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy - I am praying for your sweet mom and your whole family. Our connection to your family is long and deep and that makes us hurt when you hurt. Thank you so much for putting information on this blog so we can all bear this burden with you. Love - Anna Eubanks Barber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amy...please feel free to stop by Austin if you need to...ya'll can stay with me if u need to...Charis and Jason live down here too...love you guys!
    Chris Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Amy. Was so sorry to hear the news about Josie. She's always been a special person to me. I've known her for many many years, and she's helped me get through some trying times. I agree w/you that she is THE toughest person, and she WILL keep a good attitude through this. Tell her I love her and am praying for her and thinking of her everyday. Will be to see her soon. I'm thankful for your blog. Keep us all posted. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy I am so thankful for keeping us all updated! I have known u since u were little and I can see you are so much like Josie, More good news today! Your Mom will be home soon! She wants us to walk at the park and we will, we may sit at every picnic table but thats ok too, because we never have enough time to say all we want to say! Josie and you and Philip are in my thoughts all day! Josie says pray hard and im praying harder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your family have always been in our prayers, love all of you. Stay strong! From Richard and Deanna Bright

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just want you to know that Josie and your family are in my prayers. I have known her for a very very long time. I can think of nothing but a happy smiling face when I think of her. Praying for peace and healing and strength as you all deal with this time in your lives. Love to you...Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting us know you stopped by.