Happy Birthday Josie!

Happy Birthday Josie!
60th Birthday Surprise Party, 6.27.2011

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Keeping Up

Sorry it has been so long since the last entry, although not much has happened in the way of hard news. Mama came home Friday evening and has been so glad to be there. She has gained some strength back everyday. After two weeks in a hospital bed anyone would be weakened. Her appetite is good which is a good thing because everyone has been so kind to bring food. She was able to go to worship on Sunday morning and it was an encouragement to her. Radiation treatments resumed yesterday, and today she is having a PET scan in addition to her daily treatment. Now that she has been discharged from the hospital we are beginning the process of getting an appointment in Houston. I spoke with a nurse practitioner yesterday who said that they would want to wait to see her two weeks after she finishes this course of radiation therapy. She is scheduled for 23 treatments Monday through Friday and today is number 9. This pushes the Texas option into the summer. We have been assured that she is receiving the treatment she most needs at this point which is whole brain radiation. Our most specific prayer request for now is that the tumors are responsive to this course of radiation. We will know that answer between two and four weeks after completing radiation as the brain needs a "cleanup period" in order to see a clear picture of what is going on.
Mama remains hopeful and confident in her prayers and yours. She is continually overwhelmed by the support of her church, friends, and community. As always, thank you for holding us up. We will know the results of the PET scan tomorrow and if I can find my way to an internet connection I will post those here. If I can't get to the blog, I will put something on facebook, because I can do that from my phone.
As an end note, I would ask that you remember the Don Huggins family in prayer. He passed away last night. Pray that they might find a measure of peace and comfort in this most difficult time.

3 comments:

  1. So thankful Josie got to go home. I pray for her all of the time. Praying the drs in Jackson and in Houston (for God already knows who they are) are aggressive in her care and will deliver her through this time.
    love you too Amy,
    kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that y'all are at home. It was good to see the pic of Josie on facebook. Praise the Lord for the PET scan results. Still praying for healing and strength for all y'all. Tell Josie, I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know how Josie is doing? I don't use Facebook so I haven't been able to keep up with Amy's updates. We are all praying for her and her family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting us know you stopped by.