Happy Birthday Josie!

Happy Birthday Josie!
60th Birthday Surprise Party, 6.27.2011

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Disappointments

Well...it's a no go on coming home today. Her chest x-ray looked good and her exam was good, but after they turned the suction off the chest tube, the pneumo came back (I think I'm going to need a medical dictionary if I'm to spell some of these terms correctly). Now she needs to be back on suction for 24 hours. We will hopefully be consulting with a pulmonologist by tomorrow if this issue hasn't resolved. I am getting that feeling like we need to be doing something different to fix this. I keep telling Mama, "I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." Funny how these situations bring out the medical expertise in us all!
Looks like we're going to need prayers to deal with the small disappointments along the way. She is resting right now, and was able to get up and wash up a bit this morning. That always makes you feel better. She is also so encouraged by your friendly visits, calls, flowers, cards, and of course the prayers! This weekend has brought two of her out-of-town brothers, Paul and Dell, and several of their family members. It is a comfort to see them as well.
The blessings come down as your prayers go up. Thanks.

12 comments:

  1. Amy,
    So sorry. Hopefully she can come home tomorrow. I spoke with Joyce earlier today. Many prayers being sent.
    Marrissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly praying for you Josie, and Amy you too ! In Christian love, Brenda E. DePriest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you had another disappointment today. We will continue praying for your mom and you & family. We missed the 7:30 am prayer this morning but want you to know that we kept it going at 8:30am. :) Hope your mom rests good tonight and will be relaeased tomorrow. We love you guys. Jimmy & Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying so often for you mom, Amy. She is never far from my thoughts - and neither are you. I pray she can go home and have some time to "gather herself together" before treatments get underway. It's just a lot to take in - I don't know that you actually do "take it all in"...you just deal with the situation as it comes.

    You know what, you will become a medical expert. I ended up doing all of the research, finding drs, advocating etc for Molly. You WILL have your medical degree very soon.
    God surround you with his peace, love you kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    Praying for your mom. Jehovah Rapha is with her!!! God be with you all!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Hope Josie gets to come home soon!
    Susan Walker Hendrix

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your sweet Mama. We said a special prayer for her at our church this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I am praying each and every day for Josie and your family. I love you!!! God Bless!!!

    Jill Smith Keen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, What is Josie's room number?

    Thanks,
    Nana and Grandpaw

    ReplyDelete
  10. Church fam at Savannah coC is praying. Thinking of yall everyday and praying. Love yall bunches!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Amy,
    Please tell your mother that she is in our family's prayers. I am talking to people I know here in TX to see if there are any possible connections to help out in any way. Also, my aunt and uncle live in Houston in case you need a place to stay. They would be thrilled to have you. Please let us know if we can do anything!
    And I agree with you, she is THE strongest woman I know.
    Charis & Jason

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am soooooo glad we got to be there.I love all of you.Praying all the time and recruiting more prayer people.Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting us know you stopped by.