Happy Birthday Josie!

Happy Birthday Josie!
60th Birthday Surprise Party, 6.27.2011

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moving Forward

We received the pathology report from the lung biopsy last night. Not so good. The results indicated that this is cancer that began as colorectal. This was surprising because she has shown no symptoms that might lead one to suspect colorectal cancer. She also had a colonoscopy within the last 4 years.
It is our plan to take her to the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. They have the best reputation and survival rates. We have begun the process of getting an appointment there, but there are currently no appointments available until the first week of June. The prognosis from Jackson is weeks to months. With this bleak prognosis hanging over us I am thinking that I can't wait until the first week of June. With some help from my in-laws and their connection and conversation with one of the radiation oncologists in Jackson, we have decided to proceed with treatments in Jackson until we can get to Houston. I spoke directly with Dr. Kovalic a while ago and he said we shouldn't waste any time. If he can get started in Jackson, he will happily consult with the Houston physicians as soon as we can get there. We are slowly collecting hope. Mama is in radiation oncology at this moment. As anyone would, she is taking this hard, but she is THE toughest person I know.
We are maintaining our focus on keeping her positive and finding the most effective treatment options available in this situation. Be positive with us. Pray for strength and healing. Thank you so much for all that you are doing to encourage our family.



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. We are praying for your mama. Have you looked at the Cancer Treatment Center in Tulsa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie is definitely one of the strongest women I know. I am so sorry she has to face this trial.We will pray.
    "Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me."Psalm 55:17-18
    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy I am so sorry to hear about the struggles you all are facing. We are praying for you and love you all so much. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josie is always in our prayers and we are passing the word on to everyone to start praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty (Etheridge) WilkersonMay 14, 2010 at 10:05 AM

    The entire church family that meets at Fourth Street Church of Christ is praying for Josie. Please try to remain positive and put things in God's hands. Miracles do happen every day. Please continue to keep us updated on what is going on. We all love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray... Thinking of y'all often. Susan Cottrell

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just breaks my heart. I love your mama so much Amy. She is one of the sweetest people I know. I just called my mom to let her know so that she can also begin to pray for healing. She was devastated when she heard. Please tell Josie that mama and I both love her and we are thinking of her and praying for her through this tough time. I also pray for you and the rest of your family, for strength to get through all of this. Please don't hesitate to call us if there is anything we can do. I know everyone says that but I really mean it. We love all of you!

    Teresa Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy,
    Please know that you all are in my prayers daily. I love Josie & all of you so much and would do anything in the world to help you. May God bless you with his healing love and peace.

    Bobbye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting us know you stopped by.